If you’re like most online merchants, you know that mobile sales are key to your e-commerce success. But getting visitors to make purchases on mobile devices is much more challenging than it is on desktop computers. In fact, many web-based retailers find they actually have fewer sales when they launch their site in the new mobile format.
The good news is that there are strategies that can help increase mobile conversions by up to 400 percent*. And while some of these tactics require a significant investment of time or money, others don’t cost anything at all—and they can be implemented right away! Here are seven simple things you can do now to boost your mobile sales today:
Offer multiple ways to buy
- Offer multiple ways to pay, including payment plans if you can offer them.
- Provide different shipping options and costs on your site.
- Include multiple contact methods on your site, including chat support or email help, in addition to typical phone lines.
- Make it easy for customers who don’t have time right now but may have time later by offering a way for them to track their order online (such as an order number they can use when they’re ready).
Increase sales by Adjusting the price
Adjust the price.
Price is a powerful marketing tool and can have a significant impact on sales, depending on how you use it to your advantage.
For example, lowering prices can increase revenue in several ways:
- It creates urgency for customers who are likely to buy at almost any price (the “it must be a great deal” effect).
- It makes your product appear more valuable than it really is if you’re only selling one or two units of it (the “limited supply” effect).
Raising prices also works well when done correctly:
Use urgency and scarcity to shoot sales up fast
Urgency and scarcity work because they trigger a primal instinct in us to make sure we don’t miss out on something valuable.
One of the most common ways you can use urgency and scarcity is by offering discounts or deals only for a limited time. Another way is to create an artificial sense of urgency around your product or service by using phrases such as “offer ends soon”, “limited slots available”, or “sale ends today at midnight!”
We all have experienced the rush of adrenaline when we see something that has an expiry date on it – like milk that has been open for longer than it should be (ew!). This is because we have an innate fear that we are missing out on something valuable by not acting fast enough.
The next time you have a goal in mind – whether it is selling more products or generating more leads – think about how you could use urgency and scarcity to increase sales quickly.
Give a money back guarantee
That’s it. That’s all you have to do. Just give your customers an easy way to get their money back if they don’t like whatever it is that you’re selling them.
Why? Because more than half of consumers say they won’t buy from a company that doesn’t offer some type of guarantee (source). If you offer one, you’ll dramatically reduce the number of customers who leave unhappy and instantly become far more trustworthy in their eyes than your competitors who don’t offer this kind of service or protection (and we all know how important trust is when making sales).
Make shipping free and fast
If you’re selling physical products, make sure you offer free and fast shipping. There are many services that allow small businesses to have their products shipped quickly and cheaply.
Use a service like DHL, UPS or FedEx. You can integrate with these platforms in a matter of minutes and get your products to customers quickly and cheaply.
Make sure your shipping costs are clear and transparent by designating which items ship for free and which ones do not—don’t make customers pay for shipping when they don’t have to!
Make your site mobile-friendly
In addition to making sure your site is designed to be responsive and fast, make sure it’s easy to navigate on a mobile device. This might mean things like having large buttons with simple actions (like “Add to Cart”), using photos that are clickable in the right context, or even adding a QR code for instant shopping links.
If you’re really serious about maximizing your conversions on mobile devices, then you’ll also want your website to look good as well—something that many ecommerce stores overlook when they first launch out of laziness or lack of resources. And while there’s no magic fix for this problem (since every site has its own design requirements), there are some basic principles you can follow: hire an expert designer who understands how people use smartphones; keep everything clear and concise; don’t use too much text; keep the call-to-action buttons large and visible above all else; consider including videos within your pages rather than just displaying them on their own page (this will reduce bounce rates).
Create word-of-mouth buzz from customers with social reviews, testimonials or case studies.
Social reviews, testimonials and case studies are great ways to get customers to trust your brand. They are also a powerful way to build word-of-mouth buzz around your business.
Here’s how they work:
- Social reviews: Ask customers to post their opinions of your product or service on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest. You can also ask them to leave comments on your website review page or in the product description section of your website ecommerce site (if you have one). This can help increase sales by giving potential buyers additional information about what others think of your company’s products/services before making a purchasing decision.
- Testimonials: Personalized quotes from happy customers can go a long way toward increasing sales as well as building trust with new potential customers who might be unfamiliar with trusting online businesses such as yours just yet! Ask each satisfied person for permission first though so make sure not everyone will agree 😉 Also keep track of which ones do because those may become especially valuable when used later down line!
Borrow authority by association or spokespeople.
- Celebrity endorsement. Using celebrities as spokespeople can be a great way to lend your brand credibility and attract more attention.
- Spokesperson, case study, testimonial, review or social media influencer. A spokesperson is someone who speaks on behalf of your company in advertisements (e.g., actor Morgan Freeman as the narrator of many commercials). A case study is an example of how someone used your product to solve a specific problem (e.g., “Jane tripled her sales after reading our blog”). A testimonial is when someone writes or says something good about your brand/product/service (e.g., “I love working with Melsoft because they are all friendly and efficient”). Reviews are similar in that they are written by actual users and highlight features that appeal to them about the product being reviewed (e.g., “This lipstick keeps my lips moisturized throughout the day!”). Social media influencers are people who have large followings on Facebook, Instagram etc., so their recommendations carry weight with those who admire their style or lifestyle choices
Run a contest for your mailing list.
Running a contest for your mailing list is one of the easiest ways to get people’s attention and convert more sales.
Here are some tips:
- Give away a prize. Offer something tangible like an item or service, or ask viewers to share pictures of themselves enjoying your products on social media. Once you have them signed up for your mailing list, keep them engaged with discounts, promotions and other content that relates directly to their interests. The more they engage with your brand, the better chance they’ll become loyal customers down the road!
- Ask for feedback on Facebook Messenger while they’re still talking about how much they love whatever it is you gave away without asking anything else in return except maybe “What’s next?” That way when someone says “I really want…” instead of just guessing what might work best for them let data do all that heavy lifting by showing off how many other times someone has said this exact same thing before – no guessing required! It also lets us see what kind of content does well based on previous clickthrough rates so we can make sure our next promotion offers something new without alienating existing customers who might not want yet another repeat… but want something else from us nonetheless 🙂
Raise prices and make more sales with perceived value.
You’ve got a good product, you’re selling to the right person, and you have a good price. Now it’s time to double-check your other three key components: service, support and perceived value.
Let’s start with service. You can offer great products at low prices all day long but if your customer doesn’t feel like they’re getting their money’s worth when they order from you (or if they don’t feel like ordering from you at all) then your sales will suffer in the long run. One way to ensure that customers get what they want out of every interaction with you is by providing excellent support before and after purchases are made—which brings us nicely onto our next point!
You can increase online sales by earning customer’s trust
- You can increase mobile sales by giving your customers what they want.
- You can increase mobile sales by giving your customers what they need.
- You can increase mobile sales by getting customers to trust you.
Follow this and increase your sales fast!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this look at the strategies that can triple your sales. If you want to learn more about how we can help you grow your business, contact us today!